Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hosting Your Own Sidebar Images On Your Blog

You know when you're trying to center an image or words in your sidebar, and you have to go to all the trouble of downloading it to Photobucket to do? Well, here's an easy way, and you don't even have to leave your blog.

I just added The Pupsters photo to my sidebar a few minutes ago. Here's what I did. I went to New Post, and just added their photo. For the Post Title, I wrote The Pupster HTML. So that I could save it, but didn't want to accidentally delete it either. 

After I added their photo, and nothing else, I switched from the Compose box at the top left, to HTML. 
The Pupster's photo is now in HTML. I want to center it in my sidebar. So I went to the very beginning, and added <center>. And then to the very end, where I added </center>. Save. Copy.

Now go to Layout, Add A Gadget, and choose HTML. When that box is opened up, I simply added the HTML I'd just copied by way of pasting. Then I Saved, and went over to see how it looks. Perfect!

This way you do not have to pay to "host" your photos, etc. Use your own blog and just do this. It's easy and it works. Try it.

That's it!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin
follow us in feedly

2 comments:

  1. great tip♥ I will try this tip soon.
    joyously,
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these blog tips, I have used quite a few so far... They are clear and concise and very easy to follow and are very appreciated.

    I was wondering if you have instructions on how to make the Follow me @ Pinterest widget with the frame and images that is on your cozy Little House blog.

    Hugs
    Val

    ReplyDelete